Thursday, July 10, 2008

My old favorite creation


Besides my childhood sketch of a hound dog dressed up like Elvis, This table is my oldest favorite creation. I used maple wood, with pegs to cover up the screws. Once I got the wood the way I wanted it, I painted the Celtic design on then varnished the whole thing with marine varnish. Tada! My favorite table. (Oh...of course I didn't make the wrought iron stand. That was an old sewing machine table. The original slap of wood that we had with it was worked into my design of the table.It is underneath the top inch of wood.)


You can sort of make out the pegs along the side of the table. This was all measured out so that they would be evenly spaced. (I was pretty meticulous in ninth grade!)I see I need to do some minor repairs on the mitred corners, but what should I expect?

1 comment:

Lacey said...

i love this table- it's crazy to think that you were probally 14 when you made it!!