Thursday, July 10, 2008

My new favorite creation

So, now that you have seen my Old favorite creation, I would love to show all of you my newest favorite creation. I love making things out of wood. The process for such a huge project like this isn't always fun, but it turned out great!


These pictures were taken after a week of hard work that felt non-stop. Everyday was way more exciting than the last while the project unfolded.


The wainscotting brought so much charactor to the bookcases. I'm so glad I thought to put it in and that painting the wainscotting is done!


The design for these bookcases came to mind a couple years ago when I decided I needed to break up a room in our house that was huge. Once in my childhood we lived in a house that had cabinets on either side of a walkway. These aren't anything like those, but they were my inspiration. Although I had the design a while back, I only just this past week finished the shelves. There are still minor touches to finish, like caulking the edge by the brick wall and putting back up the original trim in the whole room.


What a fun project. (I can say that now that it is just about done.)I had help from my Mom with the construction and painting. I also had help when I just couldn't get those anchors into that brick!


All in all, I love my bookcases and am very proud of them.! (Oh yeah, I have to refinish that door, too.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your bookcases too! Nice talent, they look great!!!!

Lily

Millipede Bead said...

Thank you Lily! I stopped by your store and like the Beautiful Green Gemstone and Beaded necklace! ( I think your cat is cute too!)

Trish said...

WOW, these are wonderful!!!! You did a great job and I can't wait to see them in person:)

Millipede Bead said...

I can't wait for you to see them in person, too! Thank you for your compliment. It took a long time, but maybe in the next year or two we can have Thanksgiving at our house! :)

Kathleen J. said...

Your bookcases look fantastic! I like the way you used them to divide the space.

storybeader said...

those are SO great!! wish I could afford you to come to my house. I'm in bad need for some wood bookcases, not that flimsy cardboard stuff.

Paisley The Jackabee said...

WOW!! I love the bookcases!! Fantastic job!

Becky said...

Wow, those are awesome - you're so talented!!

Patti said...

Wow!! Those are great bookcases!!

Lacey said...

they look origional to the house! the design is wonderful- i'm glad you lined them with wainscotting too!!

Sarah said...

Ashleigh your bookcases are SO COOL! I love them a lot. =)
Very nice job on them.

Lacey said...

yay! I got to see them in person and they are TOTALLY AWESOME!!