Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My favorite activity on a nice spring day...

I love to go to Pokagon Indiana State Park. I go there with my dog, Forest, on all-day treks. We usually don't swim since Forest is afraid of water. (He doesn't even like to get his paws wet!)

This year we started out with a long mushroom hunt. Forest and I walked the hilly woodland trails in search of the ever-loved Morel mushroom. After about 2 hours of looking and not finding one, we found eight of them (not very many, I know)and one Beefsteak mushroom. I soaked them overnight and was able to eat all of them myself!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

lucky!!! morels are just the tastiest mushrooms of all times!

Millipede Bead said...

yes, they definately are! mmmmmm. sorry i won't rub it in anymore.

Ponderin' Mama said...

The hike sounds fun! The mushrooms.... eck... not so much :)
I love your blog and creations by the way!!

. said...

I have never known of anyone who went mushroom hunting in the woods! How fun is that!!! I would enjoy doing this someday

It enlightens my world to fetch and to grow our own foods. And when that is not/something is not feisible for us to hunt or grow on our own, the local organic farmers market is my special place.

Nora said...

Hi, my dog doesn't like water either but doesn't mind getting his paws wet! Nice pic of the mushroom. I like mushrooms too! Yummy! Nice blog and Etsy store! :D

storybeader said...

you sound like you know your mushrooms. And a good thing too. Great photo.

Serendipity Collections said...

I LOVE mushrooms! How fun. Loved the pic too!

Jana