Monday, February 18, 2008

Fish


At a previous employment, we were moving over the office gradually into a new building. One of the first projects to move was the salt-water fish to the new enlarged tank. The people slowly took all of the live rock out of the old tank, put all of it into buckets (without water) and drove about a block to the new building. The new water had not been balanced yet, and the temperature was not correct either. Because there were no fish in the new tank, it was not necessary to put food in it for the three days before the fish would be moved over.

On that third day, the fish were brought over. But, before the fish were put into the new tank, we saw that one of the Triggers was lethargically floating on the bottom of the tank. Immediately we brought food out to him, but we had no luck getting him to eat. What a crazy journey he had. He was out of water for the time it took to drive the live rock over to the new building and to get all the pieces into the tank. There wasn’t any food and the water wasn’t balanced enough for fish yet. Yikes! The owner of the fish just kind of sighed and said that the fish wouldn’t live until morning. Being the animal lover that I am, this made me miserable to think of.

I said to the owner “He isn’t a goner yet. There is still time to pray for him. God will help him get his strength back.”

He just smiled with a little disbelief and said, “Yeah, I guess so.”

I pray all night and was anxious to get to work to see how the little guy was doing. God had helped yet another one of his creations get “back on it’s feet.” The Trigger was swimming like no other time I saw him swim.

Although I admit I needed to go to work to see with my own eyes how the fish was doing, I had not one ounce of disbelief or astonishment when I saw him. I just felt like bursting with joy that God had taken the time to listen to one of his daughters about something she felt was extremely important.

I tell you friends, never (and yes I do say never) fail to pray about something because you feel it isn’t big enough to ask God about. Also, never fail to pray about something because you think you can take care of it on your own.

God had answered many prayers before this experience, but never before did I have this feeling of release and calm when I prayed to God about something. I know now that my concern will be taken care of and so will I. God has steadied me in this rough sea.

No comments: