Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what i did when i was a child

Hmm. Is it really human nature to confess something one has done that was explained differently at the time?

I was rollerblading in third grade with two of my friends (one a girl and one a boy) in Christiancy Elementary School's parking lot. I wanted to show off to the two of them, especially the boy, so I tried to do the splits with my rollerblades on. Of course anyone who has ever worn any of those knows that you cannot bend your ankles so to attempt this was just stupidity. Instead of moving my legs out a few inches at a time while standing still, I decided proceeded to do the splits while rolling (very slowly). The wheel of my rollerblades hit a rock and I came to a "screeching halt" throwing my body forward and my chin right down into a rock. This rock decided to wedge itself into my chin and had to be removed and the skin stitched back up. Of course I didn't tell ANYONE this happened because I was showing off.

9 comments:

Lacey said...

only you would try to do the splits while rolling! Hahaaa!!

Millipede Bead said...

yeah, that is funny!

storybeader said...

OUCH! I used to fall off my bicycle all the time, like going down a hill in the woods. Still have scars!

Nora said...

Nice story! I think everyone at one time or another had to stitch up their chin as a kid! I know I did! :D

Linda said...

Ouch! The things we do to impress the boys.

Unknown said...

LOL! I busted my chin open twice - once when I was 7 while skateboarding, and then again at 14 doing the same thing!! I was really careful when I was 21 not to hurt myself and was able to break the cycle! hehahehaha

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Reminds me of the time I told my mom I was going to the local amusement park w/ friends and yes, one of their mothers was going (lie). I got off a ride, was dizzy, tripped over a little brick wall, fell on my face, knocked my tooth back skidded forward, scabs all over, tooth turned black. Which of course never would have happened if a mother was there ;-)

Phoebe said...

oooohhhh!!!! that was painful. Oh my, I don't even know how to skate even at this age...

3 REXES JEWELRY said...

ewwwwwwhhh!!!!

Thanks for confessing!